With chocolate cake day coming up this seems the right time to share our indulgent gluten free and dairy free chocolate brownies. We’ve swapped nuts for coconut flakes, butter for super healthy coconut oil and wheat flour for coconut flour. Bake and enjoy!
- 100g of Gemini’s Just Chocolate
- 100g of coconut oil
- 100g of coconut flakes
- 2 large eggs (substitute with flax eggs for a vegan version)
- 225g unrefined sugar (we recommend coconut sugar as it adds to the flavour)
- 50g coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade (gas mark 4) and line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt it with the coconut oil in a bowl over barely simmering water.
- When it has melted beat until silky and smooth, then take off the heat and mix in all the other ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to the pre-lined tin and bake for about half an hour.
- Let it cool in the tin for 15 minutes then cut into squares and enjoy.
We like to serve these with a delicious cup of artisanal coffee as the bitterness really complements the indulgent chocolatiness of the brownies!